View Single Post
      04-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
mwtrogus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

X1 35i SprintBooster review...

I wanted to do a quick writeup on the SprintBooster (SBBM1002s)product that I have installed a couple of months ago. I went back and forth on this purchase for quite a while as they are very expensive (approx $289 for) a simple plug and play throttle signal booster. Good reviews are out there, but many people don't try it due to the high price tag... I love it!
https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

Install is very easy and you just have to take the bolt out of the bottom of the pedal and then slide it out towards the brake pedal. The new Sprint Booster harness snaps into place and I have it zip tied into a bundle at the top of the pedal, then the remote switch can be mounted wherever you want. I simply ran the wire in the center console and the switch is near my right knee where the carpet meets the plastic center console.
I have tried the 3 maps for throttle and just cant say enough great things about the product. 95% of driving is in the middle map, Stage 1(Green light). It really increases the response of the pedal input and no lag exists, true throttle position is registered in the ecu. I even see the immediate response of the throttle opening while doing "logs" with the JB4 tune. In the past the pedal position would be at 100%, but the throttle would take a very long time to open to 100%, now it shows dramatic difference on my logs.

The car should perform like this from the factory and not have the ridiculous pedal delay. I thinks this product works very well with the Alpina flash for the 6 speed auto as it makes power and torque easier at the low rpms in regular drive mode as the Alpine shifts very early in D.
I have turned it off on numerous occasions just to reinforce my thoughts about how much I love this product.
I'd buy it, they do have a 30 day return option if not satisfied! Try it out and see for yourself. It should be a $49 product and everyone would buy it!

I have several mods and changes on my car and this is near the top of the list to change the driving feel of the car and make it a great daily driver. If anyone else has feedback feel free to chime in...
Appreciate 1