View Single Post
      09-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #10
DarrenBM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d xDrive SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
interesting comparisons. I didn't realize how small the x1 is. I will have to see it in person. but people comparing it more to cars is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a vehicle that can carry passengers comfortably and be able to take trips to home depot for the random bag of mulch and stuff. I wanted a mid-size SUV, wife wants a compact. So i have to find something in the middle. My wife doesn't like the way my car drives, but she likes her 2010 jetta.

From the rear I would say they don't look that big (or wide). But there's definately a decent amount of length and height to the car. I would say there is enough rear boot(trunk) space for you. Rear leg room is okay, but definately worth you checking that out if you need to carry for adult passengers often.
If not, an X3 may better suit your needs but consider that they are only a little bit smaller than the first generation X5, ie, quite big.
My parents consider my X1 a big car and have stated they wouldn't like to own such a big car. Maybe it's only a mid-sized SUV but as a car many would consider it big.
Appreciate 0