View Single Post
      09-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

I strongly recommend reading through this thread:
http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734861

It has lots of cross comparisons for the X1.

In my case I'm coming from a 2001 CR-V. I test drove the 2012 CR-V before looking at the X1. If you want a decent car that is likely to be bulletproof out past 100,000 miles the CR-V is a great choice. It is not exciting to drive though. Other than the technology improvements it did not perform any better than my old CR-V.

The X1 is much more fun to drive. If you want quick 0-60 times and good handling it is one of the top 2-3 in its class, if not at the very top. The level of interior noise is also much reduced over the CR-V and the other lower priced crossovers.

What you give up is interior space. There is less cargo capacity in the X1. If you need to haul stuff frequently you will want to look elsewhere. If like me you only have to carry big objects once or twice a year then the reduced cargo space is something you can live with. Also because of the drive tunnel note that the rear seat is not really good for 3 adults. You have to consider the car a 4 seater. Getting 5 adults in the CR-V is much easier.
Appreciate 0