04-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
Would you want your kid dead after a freak accident? Accidents aren't always the fault of the young driver, you know.
If it's due to the car not being safe, yes, it is. The driver is always responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Whether you're 18 or 81.

Quote:
And kids should only be concerned with one thing at driving age: school.
Then don't give them a car. It's a major distraction. I know, I was young once, and unlike many parents, I remember.

Quote:
It is the job of the parents to support him or her, by giving them a means to get to school and extracurricular activities.
Absolutely. Bus passes and driving them when need be.
If they want to play adult and drive, they need to take on all the responsibilities of being a driver. If they're too young for that, they shouldn't drive.

Quote:
I guess you can call this a cultural thing, but I feel dumbfounded when idiot parents throw their own children out there to feed/pay for school themselves. What good are parents then?
Well, for one thing, they vote for public education, so kids don't have to pay for schools, no matter who their parents are.

Quote:
Sorry for the rant, but I absolutely hate this ignorant and selfish attitude of some parents, TO THEIR OWN KIDS!!
How about your responsibility to ALL kids, not just your own?
Appreciate 0