View Single Post
      12-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackel View Post
Agreed. If you want max power check out these systems.
If you want a faster than factory sleeper that will cost zero dollars and stress for 4 years & 50,000 miles get the Dinan.
I see a bunch of threads calling people "crazy" for wanting a warranty. Here is reality. The more you push the envelope of the vehicle's maximum capacity the more often and quicker it will break. Period. Been there more times than I can count. If you want to go REALLY fast don't buy an X1, it is an SUV any way you look at it. And SUVs are slow vehicles compared to sports cars and bikes.

That said either system will probably not interfere with it as a daily driver. But when it does break (and it will, it's a machine). 100% of the cost, time, and stress is on you if it is not warrantied. I want to drive it every day, as hard as I want, day after day, without ever worrying if it is going to fail. And if it does BMW will apologize strenuously while giving me a free loaner. That won't happen when the other systems blow something up.

If you are going after maximum performance I highly recommend a backup car (aka a daily driver).

Not flaming, but I have done tons of mods to various cars and bikes and the racers adage holds true "If you want to see what part is weak, just add horsepower"

Good luck whatever you choose!
i had a FBO N54 335 with CPO. had all my injectors, sparks, pumps, even turbos all changed without issues.
all i would do is take out the tune before i went in (and add a dp fix).
i understand with BOLT ONS alot of it is a relationship with your SA.
but with just a tune, the onlything your saving yourself is 15 minutes of removal time with a JB4, or 1 minute with a cobb.

i recognize i am not the average SUV owner.
i have a stage 2 (intake, downpipe, and tune) x5 xdrive35.
i just cannot fathom how anyone thinks $2000 is worth not having to spend 15 minutes to remove a better tune that also will not interfere with warranty.
the only valid argument that i cannot refute is that it can be rolled into your lease or finance payments.....but if you own it, your just being stubborn and ignorant. (IMHO)
Appreciate 0