Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Not quite.

You don't pick and choose which codes to delete, you just press clear codes. This clears even shadow codes. I can confirm this with 100% certainty.

Also, the complete N55 code list is well documented in public and I can confirm they match with the N55 in the X1.

All bets are off for the N20.
Granted, the engine codes are most likely those that can be triggered, but that's just a subset of the DME codes for the vehicle. Sure, you're unlikely to get a code thrown for your gas lid or license plate light because of a mod, but how about the performance control, for example? Or "Service Request" code in BMW Assist?

And do you really want to clear all codes, including the ones that are problems? "Miss Mechanic, I have this problem that comes and goes with [...], can you take a look at it?" "Sure - let me check... No, everything looks good from here."

I prefer being honest about it. If I tune, I'll pay for my own services, and won't try to use the warranty on anything that might be affected by the tune. I don't like the idea of other BMW buyers subsidizing problems I caused due to tuning.
Appreciate 0