View Single Post
      05-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
inthemovie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2012 Lotus Evora, x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaKiT View Post
nice solution to save around $2.500. But i still like the original built-in navigation more. The gap between the screen (bottom) and the dashboard is a little big to big.

But once again, nice and great alternative!
I did not get the factory Navigation to save money. I think BMW makes great cars but there factory GPS is just terrible. If they made factory nav unit that worked like the Garmin I would buy it. This new Garmin is really state of the art and it really sets a benchmark for GPS systems. I can get an address in the unit so fast. Either by voice command or pressing directly on the screen.

To talk to the unit you do not have to press any buttons I have it custom set up to wake up on just saying "hello X1". From there I use any functions the unit has to offer from quick address input to screen brightness to volume control. Also the sound out of the unit is Bluetooth to the BMW sound system.

The unit also has active lane guidance with photo real juction view. It also has something called "real directions". What this is is like real person telling you where to turn. Example turn right at the 7 Eleven turn left at the gas station.

I also have custom apps. That will alert to speed traps, red light cameras. There is a new one that has dangers ahead on the road pot holes ect. The built in traffic works very well and while most traffic on GPS only works on major highways this works on surface streets also.

I already fixed the gap on the screen bottom and dashboard. The unit now sits flush to the dashboard.
Appreciate 0