Thread: M owner opinion
View Single Post
      09-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #52
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

I currently have a Mineral Grey x1 x28i loaner with sport line, leather (with contrast stitching), cold weather package, and ultimate package while my 1M is having a sensor swapped out. Unlike the OP I am super impressed with the x1 and think it may be the ultimate daily driver. It is quick, handles excellently, rides comfortably, and seems to get reasonable gas mileage. The Mineral Gray with piano black interior and exterior fittings also looks very good (not crazy about the non HID lights - not sure how a $42k car doesn't have HiDs standard). Not to mention the x1 sacrifices nothing in practicality. Also, the start/stop seems to be disabled by default in this x1.

This loaner is miles better than a standard x1 that I had during a previous service. I don't know if the sports line has a different suspension or steering rack but to me it feels much different. The trim plus the contrast stitching are a "free equivalent" of what some people drool over on BmW individual threads

The only thing over than the lack of HIDs that I don't like is the heavy steering while parking.
Appreciate 0