10-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #61
mcdanielvzw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominavl View Post
All I can say is: My next car will NOT be a BMW. They chose to use inferior airbags and then have the nerve to cancel SOS? WTF! I may as well have purchased a crappy Kia. Who knew? You want loyalty? You gotta EARN it. It doesn't come cheap. And to mcdanielvzw...what kool-aid are you drinking?
You don't even make logical sense (troll), which by the way is my kool aid of choice - Logic, and not some asinine rambling of a blithering idiot. They aren't canceling your service, they are getting rid of old tech and making you upgrade if you want to continue using it. Do you b**** moan and complain every time you need a new computer or phone because yours isn't supported anymore? You're complaining about old tech being replaced, meanwhile BMW does the bare minimum service to your car while it is their responsibility just to get you to 50k miles so you can trade it in for a new one - doesn't that sound like a more important problem?

This is my first BMW, and for all I know my only. I don't drive a car because of the brand, I drive it for the connection I have with it. Plymouth Acclaim, Mazda 626, Mazda 6, X1 - I'm not loyal to the brand, I'm loyal to my own inner judgement.

Takata airbags that are inferior..... I wonder how many others used them - Here I'll post a short list for you below, per Consumer reports (Hey, Kia isn't even on this list):

Acura
Lexus
Audi
Mazda
BMW
Mitsubishi (Registration req'd)
Chrysler (includes Dodge, Jeep)
Nissan
Ferrari
Scion
Ford
Subaru