View Single Post
      08-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Anyone (in NA) waiting for X120d?

As much as I was impressed by both X1s and am truly tempted by the value for muscle factor of the 35i, I'm reminded of my mission for this- my CR-V replacement vehicle as I plan on keeping the 1er until the wheels fall off. An 80 mile/day commuter through winters and on road trips when the space and thirst of the wife's Pilot are not needed. AWD+entertaining to drive without being a bone crusher are a must but good (30+hwy) mpg would certainly make sense along with usable back seat and ability to easily strap kayaks on from time to time.

Sooo I think its probably smart to hold on another year and hope this "sasquatch" that is the 4 pot oil burner finally shows face in the US. Mercedes looks to be first with the GLK, maybe followed by a CX-5 and hopefully the X1 and Q5 will be on their heels but I've been so hopeful and vocal for so long people probably think I belong on the next season of Finding Bigfoot. I can and likely will wait another 6-18 months at most. Will you? Is it even worth it if we do get it? Or will you just take what's on the table now and like it?
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car

Last edited by Monterra; 08-17-2012 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0