Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1Denver View Post
Asking X1 People about a dyno is pretty silly in so many ways.

BASE: Your TQ # is way higher than it should be. Something is off at the dyno/car problems. Or you haven't listed everything you have on the car.
Most stock 2wd n55 335i's do 270whp and 270-280TQ Rated at 300/300 Stock BHP

You have AWD and would bring down the stock number about 20% at the wheels, but BMW definatley under rates so add 5% or so back..

Tune: I find it very hard to believe your "tuned" TQ is lower than your "tuned" HP. Again something is off.

The Correction Factor is SAE so you can't blame it on that really, . I see you are in SLC. Does this shop deal with mostly NA vehicles or Boosted applications? Yes, it matters for altitude corrections.

CHOPPY GRAPH is because the smoothing is set to 0. hahahh not dinans fault.

I've had a dinan tune for over 40K miles on mine. Never one issue. But I don't track mine.

Also, Dyno Dynamics are not comparable unless you list what mode..shootout, normal, shootout 44 or something. They are the heartbreak dyno but you can manipulate them also with correction factors.

Try the next dynojet shop and I guarantee its different....always is. Make sure its SAE for CF. Smoothing could be a 5 just to make it look nice.

Otherwise you might have engine problems. Fuel Pressure, MAP sensor, MAF sensor, Wastegate issue......clogged cat endless
The Dynamics is mine, I know they read low, but I also know the timing was being set back. I suspect the OP is having the same issue. Retarded timing will result in more torque, but top end power will lack and drop off rapidly.

I also suspect that the Dinan software didn't download into the box, resulting in no results on the dyno, especially since he used the same shop over a period of two weeks. That two week difference also shows up in the torque portion of the graph. You can see that the temps were higher on the tuned run, torque comes on earlier and the power drops off hard and sooner. Both of those are usually caused by higher temps causing the computer to back timing off more. Possibly, the shop's fans are too small and don't move enough air through the rad, IC and the intake itself.

We're all on the right page, there's something not right and the OP should go back and either get a refund, or have the Dinan re-installed. I'd try the latter first. Note for the OP, if you have the A/F and timing graph, that'd help us further diagnose your issues with your tune.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0