View Single Post
      05-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #52
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

I was supposed o have taken delivery of my wife's new X1 yesterday. When we arrived at the dealer, the sales guy took us over to the new shiny vehicle to show us around. As we wandered around, I had a look to check that everything was in order.

My wife commented on the black colour of the vehicle asking if this was the metallic black. She said it wasn't as sparkly as she thought it might be. The sales guy said it was just that we were inside and it looked better in the sunlight.

Then I noticed something. I stood still for a moment whilst I considered how to politely nofity him of my observation. I gently said to the dealer, "um, where is the sunroof?". We both stood still for a few moments, then he quietly slipped away without saying a word.

My wife and I then noticed the new 3 series waiting along side and she commented on what a nice colour that is. We asked the guy polishing the car and he said it was the metallic black. Our X1 was supposed to be the same colour but it was clearly jet black.

The sales guy returned after a few minutes to explain that this was not actually our vehicle, but the one we originally ordered and subsequently changed the specs. Our name was still on this vehicle so he had thought that this was ours. Lucky we didn't sign the paperwork. You think someone would have noticed.

Anyway, have to wait another 3 weeks now for our correct vehicle to be ready. I'm told it is in the country, so hopefully it won't be too long.
Appreciate 0