View Single Post
      07-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
chance91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335d

Location of Camera module, Comfort access, and PDC module, and repair

Hey guys. Had some fun today, reviving some old modules from my car.

All the PDC, Camera, and Comfort access modules are under the rear right storage cubby. Simply remove that and find all 3 there.

Had an issue a week ago and had water intrusion in the rear area, which got on my amplifier connector, PDC, Camera, and Comfort access modules. BMW put these all facing up and water just puddles in the connector with any leak (in this case, sunroof.)

Luckily, I unplugged and removed the amp right away, cleaned it off and dried it, and it was fine after re-attatching.

Unluckily, the PDC module was totally shot. The camera module requires the PDC mod to work before it can also function. An IC died on the board.

The Comfort access module had a pin short (power pin) and fall off.

I was able to remove a pin from my PDC Module and solder it to the CA module and clean it up, got it working.

I snagged a used PDC module from a local pick n pull, unfortunately this one also had water damage from sitting, but not when it was powered up. I was able to splice parts from the two to get a working module.

Some photos from the job. I also found that neither require coding when swapping, since the CA module only transmits key data, the CAS validates it for starting.

I've actually got a video with testing data I'll get edited shortly, but I found the common fault seems to be these cheap 200 uF capacitors, which were easy to solder on.

Cheers!
Attached Images

2005 MX-5 LS swap
Appreciate 0