01-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fijigabe0 View Post
Not true. the X3 has been confirmed to stay at about the same size as the current model.

the reason i don't think BMW will compete with the CRV/Rav4 is because those aren't markets they're in right now. those are low-cost models, not luxury vehicles. the CRV's brother (Acura RDX) competes head-to-head with the X3, which is the way i think it'll stay.

one thing to look forward to is the Mini based off the X1 platform, that will compete with the Rav4 and other low-cost SUV's.
I never said they would compete with them (that was someone else) I just said size wise.

I was saying that all of these cars got bigger (X3 stayed the same) but it already had the capacity of the X5. Even if they say the new X3 will be the same it will have to grow a bit or people will look at the X1 and buy the cheaper one if they are to close they are only 4 inches different currently.

There is nice slot underneath the X3 which right now no one occupies. I like the X1 idea, I am hoping it will handle close to the 3 series with some nice extra room. Of course the best option would be a touring but people still have that wagon stigma (I like them).