06-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidgamer View Post
Awesome! Stock height and everything? It seems to do really well. And I like how you're not afraid to track the 28i.

And that app display is cool. I searched for it, and it looks like you need a special OBD 2 plug. Hmm.
Yep.. mine is bone stock.. has the M sport 19" wheels. It has Michelin AS3+ tires on it.. due to a trip I made to the Midwest last winter. The Pirelli PZero series tires summer performance would have been better suited to track duty of course.. but the AS3+ held up rather well.

This particular course has very little elevation change.. so the brakes weren't overly taxed.. and I certainly know how to drive a momentum vehicle... the key thing is that it's a BMW... pretty much any BMW is track- worthy even bone stock. I only drove two sessions... I do have a 1M that is my track car... it was not ready for the weekend.

The track was newly re-paved and after seeing all that smooth asphalt....I had to go out on course! ... wear on the tires was minimal. With a set of true performance tires...or even track tires, I would have been able to keep up with the red E36 318ti, the white 135, as well as the red E46 ZHP on track tires that was driven by my friend Jeff G. He was genuinely surprised at how hard he had to work to get by me with the car bone stock.

I may take it to an autocross this weekend if work doesn't get in the way.

With respect to the app.. there is an iphone and an android version available.. and correct you purchase the OBD Dongle and then download the App. They retail for about $200-300 but I have seen them online as cheap as around $140-160 - check ebay. I like the app a lot.. easier to use than a GoPro.. more expensive than Harry's lap timer App.. but also provides direct data from the CANBUS and also can be used to trouble shoot things as well. I suppose one could even use it as a dash cam on a daily basis..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-19-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0