View Single Post
      08-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
bluejay_el
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive 28i

bluejay_el's X1

Got tons of questions but I decided to put it in one thread under this forum to get feedback from X1 owners.

Ordered:
2014 X1 xDrive28i
M Sport
Le Mans Blue Metallic
Beige Leatherette
Light Fineline Wood Trim
Driver Assistance Package
Technology Package
Lighting Package
Heated Front Seats
Panoramic moon roof

... apparently it would now come with servotronic.... not really sure how I'd feel about that

... Yep, I'll post pictures once i have it

Production/Shipping schedule:
Ordered last Aug 19th, and originally was scheduled to be in production on week 36 (1st week of September.

Got the Production Number / VIN from dealer yesterday and told me that the car is already in production. Called BMW and got an automated response that expected completion by Aug 30th! ...wasn't expecting that but i guess that's a good thing

Q1: Anyone know how long would then it take to ship the X1 to SC?

Performance Delivery:
Opted to take advantage of of the Performance Delivery. Since Im owning it (and not just leasing it), I might just as well understand what my X1 would be capable of... my only issue would be the over 700 mile trip back home...which is another topic

Q2: Anyone had experience doing the performance delivery in an X1? How did it perform?

Drive back to MI:
I'm not really into long drives, unless Im a passenger and its not my car. But anyway, I googled my route and it seems I'll be hitting the following Towns/Cities (via I-75):

Asheville, NC
Knoxville, TN
Lexington, KY
Cincinnati, OH
Dayon, OH
Toledo, OH

Q3: Considering my PCD would be scheduled this Fall, any advice on where to stop and check out attractions/scenery? Place to spend the night? Restaurants/Food to try? Alternate route?

Q4: Anyone who have driven through the Cherohala Skyway? How was it?

PPF & Tint:
One of the issues with the PCD is that I dont get to put PPF and tint before I drive it off the lot. My CA advised me to wrap a temporary film (eg. tracwrap) on my way back. I was also considering to have have the PPF done either to the closest shop to Spartanburg (Extreme Colors in Greenville) or anywhere along my route.

Q5: Anyone how had the same issue? What dd you end up doing?

Q6: For PPF: Which brand (xpel vs 3m vs others)? Custom or Pre cut? How Much? For Tint: Which Brand? What shade? Which Windows? How much?

Looking forward to get informative responses!
Appreciate 0