View Single Post
      10-12-2016, 12:47 AM   #14
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps View Post
Thanks for posting this Nicknaz. I had my car at the dealer last Friday to have an inspection prior to my 4/50 warranty expiring. The report said that everything was ok. Either this retrofit did not show up on their computer or they neglected to tell me about it. I never received a letter or email from BMW NA even though they have me correct contact information. I called BMW Assist and they advised me to contact the dealer which I will do tomorrow. Planned obsolescence is wonderful isn't it, NOT.
you're welcome! I didn't get a letter or email either, just the text message in my idrive screen to go to the site. It looked the same as what kiloTHREE posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtaka
I also went for the retrofit because its my wife's car and it's an extra level of security. But, having said that, has anyone actually used the service?
I use BMW assist features all the time (app to lock, unlock, send navi destinations to car, set climate fan start time, Google Local Search to find stuff for navi), not to mention the features I hope never to use... like the automatic phone call to EMS in case of crash and finding the car in case of theft

I'm very surprised if anyone would pick the $200 and $300 option to deactivate. The insurance discount from having the BMW Assist theft recovery system alone is more valuable than the gift cards...
Appreciate 0