06-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyten View Post
I don't know if any of you can help us, but we'd value your collective opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Hi Mike, another member from Scotland Wonder if last winter has anything to do with all of us looking at X1's

I tried to see as many X1's in the different colours as I could but looking at the used ones on the BMW site gives you a good idea. As you mention if residuals are important its better to go for a "safe" colour like black or silver in the UK. Of the two Titanium Silver is the easier one to keep clean, espesially up here with all the grit they spread in winter. Or you can go with what you like best, there are no real bad ones (the brown not so sure of).

Personally I like the Deep Sea Blue the best, Silver second and then Tasman which is really quite unique. There is a lot of silver bits on the XDrive which is more or less obvious or better matched on some colours. However, I specced the car and my wife chose the exterior and went for Silver. Also watch for the interior, some colours go better with the outside than others. I would have preferred the grey leather interior but its not an option yet on the X1 so went for black leather.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0