12-29-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
beeker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2005 3-series

Xenon Headlight Washer Jets

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

I have a Xenon lights on my 2.0D xDrive and to be honest I've never paid any attention to the headlight washer jets functioning.

Over here in the UK we've had a bit of a cold spell and one night noticed one of the washer jets had popped up and wouldn't go back in. in the morning that one had gone down fully again but he other one had popped up. Amuzed me anyway! Then when the weather warmed up they had both gone back down into their normal position. I have read on the net that this is a common problem on BMW range the mechanism in cold weather forces the jets up and sometimes causes the cover to snap. Luckily mine hasn't snapped anything.

This intrigued me and I decided to check they were working. I asked my wife to start the car, turn on the lights and activate the windscreen washers. The headlight washer never popped up or anything. Now we probably didn't hold the windscreen washers on long enough. How long do you need to spray the windscreen to get the headlight washers to spring to life?

Many thanks in advance
Appreciate 0