View Single Post
      01-31-2024, 01:55 PM   #1
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Vibration Inside the Car - Steering Wheel and Seats

Car is a 2014 X1 35i with 72,000 miles.

Been having vibrations in the car for a bit, which felt like s tire out of balance. About 2 years ago I replaced the front brakes with Wagner OEX918 pads and BD180123E rotors. I had Vercelli Strada II tires mounted on the car the next day.

I had the tires rebalanced almost immediately and then again after 4-5000 miles because it felt like an out of balance tires. The road force balance didn't seem to improve the problem even though the numbers looked good.

Well, I just put Goodyear Assurance Max-Life tires on the car, and the car still shakes like it has a bad tire, albeit not as bad. I do feel like I can feel these tires more in the steering wheel and less in the front two seats than the last tires, but it's still there. MY girlfriend has the same tires on a Jeep and they are wonderful.

I also had the front brakes just resurfaced due to pulsating. My brother works at a shop so it was easy enough to do.

The car had an alignment last year and everything checked out okay. Sure they made adjustments but nothing was broken or worn etc.

I am going to go back to the installer and have them re balance the tires, but I'm beginning to wonder if there is something else I should be checking. I've seen rotors get far far out of spec and actually warped cause a vibration, but mine were just cleaned up. Is there anything I should be checking?

Anyone got any ideas?
Appreciate 0