View Single Post
      05-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #10
woodman411
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 sdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Have read...
and several variations of too. They all have some good info, much of which I'm following for my 135.

Really looking for some experienced owner level of detail for The Wife's X1 so I can compare the general lists from BMW, Mike's list and common sense.

Currently I'm thinking the following list should be about right, generically. Need to come up with specific part numbers- what plugs, what trans fluid etc

oil and filter
cabin filter
Serp Belt
air filter
Plugs (OE)
plug socket(apparently the n54socket doesn't fit...)
7 qts auto trans fluid
trans oil pan/filter
Brake fluid
Tire rotation & pressure check
door/sunroff etc lubrication
diff fluid
I'm following as close as possible Mike's guide on my 2014 x1 sdrive28i auto. I do all my service between an Independent and a nearby dealer, all parts and fluids OEM. Independent receipt unfortunately not as detailed as dealer receipt. Looking through my records:

- spark plugs: 12120039664 (x4)
- fuel filter: my Independent said mine is integrated with the tank and not changeable?
- trans fluid: description only says "fluid filter - A/T - replace"
- trans pan w/filter and gasket: 24118612901
- diff fluid: "75W90 Syn Gear Oil"
- brake fluid: 81220142156

Depending on the year of your x1 (mine is now 4 years old), if you haven't already, I would also look into changing the main battery in the trunk if it's still on the original. Tried to have a local Sears do it with an Interstate brand, and they refused to do it when they found out which BMW I had, apparently it is not easy to do electronics-wise, my local dealer estimated $550 to do this. Hopefully my Independent will be cheaper...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by woodman411; 05-23-2018 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0