View Single Post
      06-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #9
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Just hope the injection isn't an arthrogram. That shit was no fun.

They give you a local anesthetic and then insert the needle used to administer the contrast. Then, while the needle is hanging out of you, they do another scan and adjust the needle closer to the joint they want to fill with contrast. Then scan again, then adjust the needle, then scan again, etc.... until they get the needle into the proper joint. Then they inject the contrast into the joint just before doing the MRI.

Takes awhile for the fluid to drain out of your joint and until then, it felt like my shoulder was going to pop out of the socket from the pressure. Most people say it's not so bad, but the idiot that did mine was a 1st year resident and had to adjust the contrast needle about 6 times before hitting my shoulder socket. And i'm pretty sure he didn't administer all of the local anesthetic as i felt the contrast needle move every time.

Good times.

I don't think that's a procedure for back scans though. Either way, the only thing you might feel is a general anesthetic needle which is about the size of an insulin needle, from what i've seen anyway.

You'll be fine. I hope they find something conclusive and are able to do something about it to help you. Good luck!