View Single Post
      04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #14
miataken
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1, White, Xenon, Leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I don't find that it's complicated, just illogical and limiting.

How do you wipe both the front and rear windows at the same time?
How do you spray without wiping?
How do you prevent the headlights from being sprayed?

(I'd really like to know the answer to the latter, because the alcohols in windshield fluid will, over time, cloud the plastic.)
How do you wipe both the front and rear windows at the same time?
Move stick up or auto would wipe the front, then push it down to start the rear. The rear would only do intermediate wipe unless in reverse gear, which will change to continuous. The rear control works independently with the front in a way, as you can push the stick down at any position. What I actually dislike is how hard to move the stick back up without going into the spray mode. The force has to be just right without pulling it over the "neutral" position.

How do you spray without wiping?
Fine pulling force is required again here. A very quick pull of the wiper control towards yourself would enable a quick spray but has to let go before the wipers are engaged. It is possible.

How do you prevent the headlights from being sprayed?
Similar to "spray without wiping", but you have to pull the wiper control towards yourself a bit longer, and let go right after the wipers are engaged. Do not wait till the wipers complete it's wiping cycle. It has to be let go right after the wipers start wiping. Holding the stick any longer will engage the headlight washer jets.

Practice makes perfect
Appreciate 0