View Single Post
      07-12-2022, 07:59 PM   #1
richard300
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Strange auto transmission issues....

Hi All 2010 X1 S-drive with 2.0petrol engine.

Ran this car with no issues at all, then had it sat in my garage for a month as i had purchased a new car.
Advertised the car and someone came to test drive her about 10days ago - She drove faultlessly and they decided to buy the car.
A week later (Sunday 10th) they came back to collect the car and within 500meters the car developed a whole heap of transmission related issues.

The only thing that had changed from test drive to purchase - was that i had attached a battery conditioner.

I gave them their money back and limped the car home (it was jerking in and out of gears and then would run ok, then jerk in and out of gears - and when in park the gear selector 'trigger' would click rapidly on and off.

This morning I thought i would have a look at the car and when i started her there were even more issues.... It went something like this:

Car started with a missfire (which soon cleared)
the revs would hunt (dip) as the trigger for the gear selector would again rapidly start clicking. If i sat with my foot on the brake and changed from Park to N or R or D the selector would continue to click - every time it did so the revs would dip and the indicator would flash from D to P (or R to P is i was in reverse).
Then (still whilst in the garage and with the car in park) the car seemed to run fine all of a sudden (no clicking from the selector or revs dipping) but then the Traction control light came on and then the brake warning light came on and then the gearbox issue resumed.

I have basic Carly scanner and i am now displaying the following codes:

003099 - CAN message EGS missing
00A3AA - Error failure transmission data CAN ID 1D2 error

00578E - Transmission fluid deteriorate: This one has been on the car for months and on Sunday when the issues started, was the only code showing.

00D258 - Transmission data not received (received by DSC control unit)
00277D - Misfiring (cylinder 2) - which cleared.

Anyone had a similar series of events?
Appreciate 0