View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 07:13 AM   #7
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
The stiffer valving should help, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still bottom out. I have the same problem with my rears. I bottom out just going over bridge joints if I'm at a high speed. It really unsettles the rear end.

Let us know how it works when you get them. Maybe Koni can make custom length shocks and struts.
Exactly. I can deal with the slight increase in oscillations/settling time, and the ride is AOK in 95% of situations...

But the highway speed joints/buckles, buck the rear end HARD. The bump stops haven't been trimmed back there...but I'm not sure that would help, as it's hitting them so hard.

Good news is I should get the HD rears in a couple weeks vs. months. I'll throw them on and report back.

Overall, I'm sure the springs are 100% great for most people, especially if you live in areas with nicer roads. Heck, even the ride on rough rods is fine. It's really just the situations you describe.

In all honesty, it may have been a better idea for me to have ordered 335 HD rears, or even 335 Sports vs. what are likely to be longer X1 HD rears. Wasn't going to be the test-dummy for that though.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0