11-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-coupe View Post
If it were for a loaded X128 I think that would be fair, but at a starting price of $33k, this thing could easily be optioned up to $50k, which is down right crazy!
Also depends what the "base" X1 is? Traditionally BMW have not sold base cars in the USA. I have some experience with this as I have helped my sister-in-law buy two BMWs in California already. She now has a 335d which is quite amazing, power is great, torque is mind blowing and yet it's relatively light on fuel. Anyway both her cars came with a long list of standard options we have to pay through our teeth for here.

I have little proof but I would expect the intro model to be the 2.8i with either the 2.0 or 2.3d shortly thereafter. I highly doubt whether the 1.8d will be sold there.

Just for interest Bmw have also in the past changed the badging to suit the American market. They have for instance only certified the 3.0l petrol engine but then sell it in two variants, eg the 325i and the 330i. In Europe there was in fact also a separate 2.5l engine sold as the 325i.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0