10-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
kychungkevin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportX1 View Post
Congratulations! A great car. I have two questions:

1. You get a Sport Line with paddle shifters. Is the paddle shifter option NC (no charge) for your Sport Line?
2. Do you get servotronic? If not, how do you feel about the steering wheel, too heavy or just right? I am going to order a X1 xDrive 28i Sport Line. Everything else is determined, except for one thing - not sure if need the servotronic. Both my wife and I will drive the car. I am ok, but afraid that the steering wheel may be too heavy for my wife if not ordering servotronic.
It is no charge for paddle, the dealer was confuse too since they thought it is $120 option.
I test drove one without servotronic and I order mine with it. It is very heavy without it but that's what I like. The reason I order it because my wife will sometime drive the car to NYC and she would have a hard time turning and park without some assist. With servotronic it is fine in city but light on hwy. If your wife not usually drive around city or spend too much time at the mall parking I would say order one without it.
Appreciate 0