07-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDave View Post
I'm personally surprised this thread even exists.

When you're paying the dollars we are for chosing a premium marque over a non-premium marque, aren't you buying the car for you and not for resale?

I plan to, and have, spec'd my vehicle how I want it for ME. In my case, i'm going for the reddish brown colour leather interior. Will that be to everyone's taste? I can't imagine. But then again, neither is the x1 to everyone's taste, with many threads on the forums dividing people down the middle on looks alone.

So yeah, I'm speccing my car for ME, not for resale. I've always been told blue bmw's don't sell. I've had two now and had no trouble selling the first and don't think i'll have any trouble selling the 2nd one (fingers crossed). Bottom line, I buy my cars for me.
I happen to agree somewhat with Dave. Can any one really predict what the actual market value for a vehicle will be in 3-4 years? If you can, then I'd like to take a look into your crystal ball and get next weeks winning lottery #'s!

Basing a buying decision on what's popular today and ordering a vehicle that you think someone else will like in 3-4 years, just doesn't make any sense.

If there are concerns with resale value, do you have the option of leasing?
Appreciate 0