View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #20
MSportX1
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvo View Post
About to purchase the xdrive28i and still a little conflicted about servotronic or no? I would
appreciate it if a few others might weigh in about this choice and tell me what they
preferred and why. Thanks.
X1 is my first BMW. After reading all the posts, discussing hydrolic vs electric steering, with/without servotronic, I order xDrive hydrolic steering without servotronic. I never be happier about my decision. I just picked up my X1 for three weeks and have not played with every feature yet. But, so far the thing I like the most is the hydrolic steering. When you turn steering wheel in parking lot, you may feel a little bit heavy. But, once the car starts moving forward, the steering feel is wonderful. It seems the car is on the rails and can drive itself. I would say hydrolic steering without servotronic is "true" BMW, as far as to my expectation. Just go order one and you will never regret.
One friend of mine is a lady at 50. She has E90, the same hydrolic steering as X1 xDrive. She said that if her next car was not BMW (with hydrolic steering), she would not feel safe in highway drive.

Last edited by MSportX1; 02-11-2013 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0