View Single Post
      09-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #22
lebowski
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330ci M-sport (past)

You slaggers of the x1 are hilarious. BMW makes cars driver's cars. Full stop. motorcycles, roadsters, sedans, it doesn't matter. I'd happiy support BMW if they'd decided to make a 6000lb. duallie-pickup, so long as it drove like a BMW. They've proven they can make driver's cars out of SUV's, so what's the problem?

Why do i want an X1? i want something that is more versatile and utilitarian than the 1-series (or my own 330ci, for that matter) - but still handles and steers well, is beautifully engineered, and is [hopefully] smaller, lighter, and signficantly better looking than an X3. Since we ain't getting the 1-series hatch on this side of the pond, this is the next best thing. If i could afford to keep a subaru outback and a race-prepped m-coupe in my garage, i would probably do that, but i can't, so the x1 will be it for me.

moreover, for those who feel BMW is dilluting the brand by producing SAV's like this, that's garbage. Porsche experienced the same criticism when they built the Cayenne, bbut that car's success afforded them the abiliity to continue building their more focused race- and sportscars (GT3RS, Cayman S).
Appreciate 0