View Single Post
      09-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
Peckhammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 M-Sport

Thanks again everyone. I test drove an xDrive M Sport today, as well as a sport line. The M had 19" rims and did ride a bit truck-like over crappy pavement. The sport line was pretty similar to my Lexus CT in terms of suspension feel. My co-pilot liked the M a lot; she surprised me on how aggressively she drove. We both felt that the M was the better package, and hoped 18" wheels would soften the harshness a bit. I could have gone either way, but the piano black interior trim on the sport line is tacky, IMO. If only you could get sport seats in an x line.

Since the closest available iteration of what we wanted was $46K on the lot, we decided to order an M sport with just the options we cared about. We offered KBB max trade in value for our car (2012 CT with 7000 miles) which is $27,772, and $500 over invoice for the X1. They were fine with $500 over invoice, but would only offer $26,000 for the car. We ended up walking away.

The ride home was interesting. The CT is a really comfortable car, but I no longer felt like I was driving. IOW, really disconnected from the road. I will once again have to convince myself that 42 mpg makes it worth it.

Last edited by Peckhammer; 09-28-2013 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0