View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #128
tominavl
Keeping it Real
Rep
Drives: 2014 X Drive 2.8i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
My wife's Jetta Wagon is 59.2 inches tall. X3 is a very small SUV. A Camry has 6.1 of ground clearnance. A Sequoia is 77 inches tall and 9.6 inches of ground clearance. Four Runner is 71.5 inches tall and has 9.6 inches of ground clearance. The miniscule RAV4 is 67.1 inches tall and that is barely and SUV.

So X1 is much closer to the height of a small wagon than it is to the height of a very small SUV.

The seating in the X1 is much lower than an SUV. Coming from a car-based SUV like the Volvo XC 90 it is way lower in the X1. I think it is probably close to the wife's VW Wagon.
I owned a Jetta Sportwagen TDI but decided to trade up to the X1 for AWD and superior handling and performance (I don't commute long distances anymore so the diesel was no longer a factor). I really don't think a label means a thing. I just like that with both vehicles, the rails, the rear hatch and the folding rear seats accommodate a lot of utility and that's what I'm looking for and enjoy with both! The X5 would accommodate these functions as well, but geez, the purchase price and lousy fuel economy makes it a dinosaur for my taste.
Appreciate 0