03-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #116
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Because that is what it is. Even mini-suv's like the RAV-4, CRV, and Hyundai Santa-Fe tower over. A PT Cruiser was parked in front of me and it was pretty much the same shape, size and clearance. Also my windows are lower than that of a Toyota Camry. All these suggest not an SUV at all. Actually there is nothing to suggest an SUV. The seating isn't higher. I guess if you move your seat all the way up it might be but if you put it in the lowest position it is definitely car like.
So you've never had a sports car? The seating is higher than our old 1er, which was very tall for a sporty car, and the X1 is higher. The CX5 seating position is very nearly the exact same, and it's quite clearly an SUV.

I'm guessing you feel the Forester is a big wagon too? If you want to see it as a wagon, that's cool, but ask your friends, family or just the next person you see at the gas station what it is, it won't be a wagon.

This whole argument reminds me of things like the CLS and 6GC being called coupes. The only people that believe that are the ones who own them, all others know that they're sedans.
Appreciate 0