09-08-2010, 04:55 AM   #6
Arti
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Hadron View Post
Hi, Mario!

Thanks for the quick reply.

What would you suggest? Currently I am planning not to use the same rims. The other guy told me it isn't a good idea to replace the Runflats as they degrade with each tyre change. I don't know if it's so though...

Would you recommend to leave these base V-spokes with summer tyres alone and purchase the new set of rims plus winter tyres? Or would it be best to stick with current rims and end-up with replacing Pirellies? "My head is getting broken and my mind is getting bust!" (c) Deep Purple.

So currently I plan to buy new rims and new winter tyres. And the problem is I don't know what would be the proper characteristics I should base on when choosing the proper rims.

On a number of stores I found the information that sDrive 1.8d uses these rims:
7.5J17 5x120 ET34 Dia72.6

Surprisingly, the accessories doc on the German site lists V-Spoke 317 as 7J17. Duh, I wonder who is right.

Seesh, the User guide is full of "contact with your dealer". Uhh... The one who wrote the has never had any experience contacting Russian dealers.
I'll leave alone the Russian version of the User guide. If I threw the English guide to the Google translate, I swear, the translation quality would be times better than the one implemented in the Russian version of the guide I own.

Thanks once again. Hoping for the further help.
I think you live in another Russia or you don`t like your country ))) Russia has a lot of problems,of course, but lets show it from a better view to our foreign friends? The manual translation is correct, I`v checked the English one and it is the same. So...OK, I wish you to buy good wheels! )))
Appreciate 0