View Single Post
      03-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #21
Redsoxx1918
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Sold

Well, sorry to see her go but I traded in my X1 today. Several dealerships told me that my car was worthless until the recall was performed because they would be unable to sell my car. Found a high volume Toyota dealership and they offered full KBB trade in value on my X1 and sold me a 4Runner under invoice. I took it and ran.

I've always loved BMW. This was my 5th.

Lately, I've been a little upset with BMW. First, they abandon their roots and go to FWD on some of their vehicles. Then...they take away the right to transfer the free maintenance to the new owner if you sell your car. That's a big hit! Then....they cut the free maintenance to 3 years and cut the number of parts covered starting with 2017 model year cars.

Then....I go to my dealership....where I've bought 5 BMWs and 4 Acuras.....I'm a good customer....and they send me away like I have the plague....refusing to take my car in trade or do anything to help me. Tried to buy a new BMW and I can't even get a return call or email. I was told it could be two years before they get to me in the recall because they will be tending to older cars and cars from the hot humid south, first. They basically said, "Best of luck...don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

I may return to BMW someday in the future, but if I do, it'll be at a different dealership.
Appreciate 0