View Single Post
      03-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
Idk abt that. Americans tend to drive bigger vehicles and hard to imagine anything ousting the x3 as top seller. it really is a great mix of price, luxury, and size.
The majority of the best selling SUVs in the US are the those in the compact or medium sized segments.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2012/01...-year-end.html

If you look at the specs of the X1, it is very close in size to the best selling SUVs of all - the Ford Escape and Honda CRV. Now, I don't see the X1 making this top 20 list in the near future, of course. Even X3 and X5 are not on there, nor are any other luxury SUVs other than the Lexus RX. However, I can easily see the X1 outselling the X3 in the relatively near future, and I would be very surprised if it does not begin to outsell the Acura RDX, Mercedes GLK, Land Rover Evoque, Cadilac SRX, and others along those lines within a couple years of introduction.

I would go so far as to say this will become the 3 series of SUVs by the time it hits its next generation. It will become *the* aspirational luxury SUV in the US. Just watch.
Appreciate 0