View Single Post
      02-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #51
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaFan View Post
I hope they offer RWD in the US, here is CA and also in AZ, NV, TX etc. we don't really need AWD. It should drop weight by 200lbs and increase mpg by 1-2.
BMW has not offered an X1 sDrive28i yet, so that would be a brand new model if they decide to do so now. I would not hold my breath, but I suppose it could come eventually. I agree a RWD X1 28i would be nice; I would favor this model vs. xDrive myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR View Post
I just got the Product Ordering Guide for the X1 in Canada. MY2012. Start of Production is 03/11. No choice of engine and it's just auto. Std wheels are 17 inch 318 with 18 inch 322 as options.
Cool. MSport details? Are there different wheels available for MSport, or just the standard 18s? And that's the 8 speed auto, correct?

BTW, I notice the X1 "Tech Specs" section on bmw.com no longer shows the xDrive 25i, and the xDrive 28i now lists the engine as the new 4 cylinder. So the I6 powered X1 is officially in the history books now. And so it begins. The Z4 and 5 will follow suit later this year, the X3 next year, and the brand new 1 and 3 series will also debut soon with no naturally aspirated six in the offing.
Appreciate 0