View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xED View Post
We've had 2 E91s and are looking to upgrade from the current one. Drove the X1 today as it's about the same price as a used 2011 E91 (upper $30's-low $40's). My wife and I walked away really disappointed. It looks cheap and it is cheap. Interior is pretty dated - "vintage mid 2000's" if you don't get the navi - and isn't that well finished. The plastic around the start button is hard and sounds hollow when you pop the key in and out. The cargo area finish is basic compared to the E91, the rear seat is cramped with no amenities (no shades, no vents) and the add on cup holder hanging off the side of the center console is a joke. On the exterior, the new LCI front end is decent, but the rear 3/4 view makes it look like the jacked up wagon that it is. The rear view looks very simple. As we were walking back to the showroom, an E91 passed us in the lot. We both commented how hunkered down and sleek it looked. We walked in fully prepared to order an X1 - and left wanting to focus on finding a CPO E91 (or just wait for the F31...). Sorry to those that are in love with the X1...I'm sure it will find an audience, but it doesn't feel like good value. To me a $45-50k F31 is better value than a $35-40k X1. If you've had and enjoyed an E91, the X1 will underwhelm.
The cupholder comment pretty much sums up the relevance of this review. Its so ridiculous coming from an E91 owner of probably the worst cupholders in automotive history. Seriously, did you actually START the car or were you just too appalled by the plastic around the button and threw in the towel right then and there?
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car
Appreciate 0