View Single Post
      07-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Spanadog
Rep
Drives: X1

Help!! Can't Choose Between Msport Or Xline??

I'm just about to order my first BMW and am really struggling over the choice of model. My choice is between the Xdrive 18d Msport or the Xdrive 20d Xline (UK facelift 2012 versions).
Firstly, will there be a noticeable difference between the 18d and the 20d engines? I have only test drove the 18d and it seemed okay.
Secondly does anyone have an opinion on the asthetics of the cars- at the moment I can only see pictures of the Msport on the BMW car configurator and the Xline figures in the facelift launch pictures.
I was pretty much sold on the Msport but being a woman started fretting over the little things such as wheels, colour and interior. My problem is that whereas I like the bodykit/styling on the Msport I much prefer the wheel and interior options on the Xline (and I can afford the 20d engine in this model aswell).

My choices are thus:

Msport 18d in Valencia orange, black nevada leather interior with 19" Mdouble spoke (these look old-fashioned???) 225M wheels and sun protection package. This model has exterior trim and roof rails in high-gloss shadowline.

Xline 20d in Valencia orange, terra brown leather interior with 19" Vspoke 324 light alloy wheels in Ferric Grey and sun protection package. This model has chrome line exterior and chrome roof rails.

Finally..... should I get the new 8speed automatic transmission?? I have always had manual cars but am considering this option- big question though, will I still have power when overtaking?

Cheers, Kerry.
Appreciate 0