View Single Post
      02-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #35
pfschim1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 MSport 35i Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc647 View Post
Can you post the details of this promotion? I'm only seeing $70 off the total price right now. Where did you buy the tires? Like, what vendor?
responded to your PM. But for anyone else who might be interested, I got the tires at Costco. Their starting price was about $25 less per tire than any other quote I got, then with the $70 Michelin discount deal, it really dropped the price of getting 4 new paws on my X1.

Also, just to give some feedback on the A/S 3 Plus performance vs the OEM RFTs, I am really enjoying the new feel of my X1. It is certainly quieter and less harsh of a ride, but I don't feel like I have given up anything meaningful in terms of handling. I had it out on some nice twisty stuff last weekend, roads that I am very familiar with, and the car felt just as tight to me as it did with the presumably stiffer RFTs. Now keep in mind that I am not a race car driver and this car does not go to the track, BUT .. I do like to put it into sport mode, work those paddles and throw it around a bit, and the new rubber did not take away anything that I can detect as far as grip, cornering etc.

very happy with the change so far .. and also happy to have gotten a pretty good deal on 4 new tires.

Last edited by pfschim1; 02-21-2018 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 1