View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 07:41 AM   #34
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfschim1 View Post
I finally got around to getting the OEM RFT's off my X1 today.
I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus in the stock size 225/45ZR18XL.

FWIW Michelin is running a promotion (at least here in CA) that drops the per tire price meaningfully from what I was quoted in Jan, and then takes $70 off the total bill. Saved me about $300 form the Jan quote, so pretty good deal to start with which makes me happy right off the bat.

I was only able to put a few miles on the new rubber today, some local low speed roads and some highway, but I did immediately notice that the ride was less harsh, and was also quieter than with the OEM RFT's. Handling still seemed tight, and I did not notice the steering being too "soft", but I did not exactly push it very hard either.

I will get a chance this weekend to get on some familiar twisty roads and see how the new Michelin's handle being tossed around a little.

Thanks again for the tire insight and info. Much appreciated.

now I have to start thinking about one of the simpler Dinan tunes and see if I can squeeze a bit more driving fun out of this already nice car.

Can you post the details of this promotion? I'm only seeing $70 off the total price right now. Where did you buy the tires? Like, what vendor?
Appreciate 0