View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
BlackJackel
Private
Rep
Drives: Black X1 35i, Dinan stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
If adding a JB4 and the additional extra power can be shown to be partially responsible for hurting the drivetrain, it's not as innocent as you make it sound and isn't explicitly covered by Magussen Moss. BMW has become pretty clear about (accurately or not) stating the max torque capabilities of their transmissions as being pretty close to the stock limits, which puts most tunes well outside of spec, potentially allowing BMW to deny transmission issues on clearly tuned cars. Again, since Dinan covers these things, it's why some people go that route. It's all a matter of risk, neither choice is right or wrong.
Exactly. If it weren't a warranty issue, I would do many (or all) of Paradoxical's mods and have well over 400 hp.
That said, the Dinan alone puts out 400 torque. So, yes, I could very well have had to pay that repair if it was JB4, etc, putting out even more torque.

Best part is I don't HAVE to wonder or worry about it

To the OP: unfortunately, a lot of times they don't make tunes for the smaller engine because they figure that if someone is looking for power they will start with the more powerful engine.
I wish that weren't true, but it seems to be the case. I hope they do for the N20, it is a good engine.
Appreciate 0