View Single Post
      06-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #9
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
The X1 sound system is absolutely brilliant.
I also have a 2021 X4 and a 2021 M340i and none comes close to the X1 sound system.
The layout of the speakers, dimensions of the car and interior arrangement makes this car one of the best sound system I have heard.
Actually, the new M340 doesn't even come close to this guy; is that good.
The Professional is very good but the HK sound system goes to a totally different level.

Harman Kardon system has:
- Treble, Bass and Middle range levels
- It has an Equalizer which is brilliant
- It has Logic 7 Surround Sound with a three dimensional sound experience. I have watched few time DVDs in this car and it is exceptional.
- it has a middle center speaker
- it has DSP (Digital Signal Processor) that calculates continuously the sound throughout the vehicle for an optimum sound from each seat
- it has an outout of 340 watts
- 13 loudspeakers: two integrated subwoofers, four metal matrix tweeters, seven metal matrix mid-range speakers
- uses integrated midrange EDPL (electro dynamic planar loudspeaker)

This sound system was a lot of work and made for these cars in an unique way providing one of the most amazing spatial sound experience.

Thank you for the answer. In my previous X5 it was an HK system with the center channel in the dash and 12 others. Surpsingly, the lower end system in the X1 sounds considerably better than the X5 HK.

I am happy with it.

BTW, I read your excellent Timing Chain posts. Mine is going in to get checked Wednesday.
Appreciate 0