View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #35
dronski
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d XDrive

Hi guys!

At last I have almost completed installation of CIC on my X1.
I have not received main unit frame yet, so I will have to do some new mods later.
All the hardware part of this retrofit has been done by myself only. No combox installed yet, no coding has been made yet. USB interface was installed as well, but it is still inactive, because it has not been coded yet.
Trim panel dashboard has not been replaced. I have modified the existing panel, you can on the last photo amount of plastic which has been removed from the existing panel ))

CD, radio, car functions and settings work great without any coding. I was also surprised that graphic PDC works great without any additional coding.

Totally spent about 1000 euro for hardware including CIC kit and 0 for installation

Next step is to install combox, bluetooth, make USB interface work and activate DVD in motion. Unfortunately there is no Russian language in the menu, not a problem for me, but my wife is having some troubles with English, so this is one of the things for future mods )) I am thinking about navigation, but have not made the decision yet, cause I do not really need navigation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0