View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
li21
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

X1 handling and fuel economyconcerns

Hi all

So last month I bought a 2010 X1 xdrive20d..
(Australian model)

It has 50,000kms on it..
I decided an X1 was for me having driving another car of exactly the same age and spec at another dealer.

My impressions after my first X1 drive were Wow! This thing drove 95% like a 320d E90... Slightly slower but handling and cornering put huge grin on my face... Was so much fun

Now forward month later to my own X1...
Acceleration seems slower.. Still has kick from stand still but doesn't feel as lively... I can live with that...but I'm getting about 9.0L / 100kms in the city every time I reset the counter.. Driving gently too..
My last car a 2006 Jetta tdi gave me about 6.5L/100kms despite having a higher on paper consumption rating .

Anyways that's not the biggest concern.. It's the handling that bugs me..
I feel it's not ware as fun as the other car I drove.. It understeers a lot into corners even at low cornering speeds, it doesn't give me the confidence to go hard into corners because body roll is evident... It's doesn't give me that sporty E90 sedan feeling I got in the other X1...

Now is my car normal and the other one I drove just super? Or are there issues with my car?
It was a BMW approved used car so I would have thought that the 100 point inspection would have sorted our anything prior to delivery..
I've tried to explain all this to BMW but they just have no idea what I mean .. It's hard to explain.."my car doesn't corner as well as another one"
Appreciate 0