Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtm View Post
Hi all,
i've ordered my X1 and i've Some questions for you:
1: i'll have the radio business in my car but i read somewhere that the sound was very bad with it. Have somebody the radio business ?
2: I've not orderd the usb option but i want to connect my iphone to the "aux in" with a cable jack. Is the sound correct like that ?
Thank you for answers and sorry again for my english
hi congrats on your new ride.

i have the BMW professional - the sound is decent if you'd just like some music in the background while you drive.

And yes, you will need the Y-Cable from your dealer - which has the USB + Aux-in connection on one end, and the 30-pin connecter the other for your iPhone.

You will be able to select "iPod" on your radio controls, assuming if you don't have iDrive.

You will be able to select, Genres, Artists, Albums, and Lists. If you'd ask me, suppose you have like 100 artists on your iPhone, you'd be scrolling A LOT.

I drove around with just the BMW professional for less than a week before I decided I wanted better bass and clearer treble and vocals. That's when I decided to install 1x4 channel amp and 1xmono-block amp plus a sub-woofer (which goes in the trunk) and now while I listen to Dave Matthew's Band, it seems like I am in a 'live' concert. I decided that I wanted a better sound system and hence opted for JL Audio.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0