View Single Post
      07-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #7
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawdevil View Post
they want 30k for a 2013 out of warranty car? that is so absurd!
That's kind of what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloTHREE View Post
#1 A BMW dealership in the US can't sell a car that has the pending airbag recall. Everyone else can, third party, chevy dealer..ect, but direct from the dealership is a big no
#2 If they do plan on selling it to you they are going to grab a used bag not under recall/source from one that's been fixed already. Dealers are getting a small trickle of air bags so you might get lucky though or have a sales guy with enough pull to get you to the front.
#3 Like everyone else said, way over priced for not being certified.
I was told the airbag was fixed. They didn't show me any paperwork for the RO, but they did state it had been fixed.

The car is certified, BMW eventually agreed it was okay, but like I said, that was after they had to take the valve cover off, etc.

The BMW certified warranty, I'm sorry to say, kind of sucks. The whole suspension is excluded, the list of what the don't cover seems larger than what they would.

I think I'll stick to trying to find a 15. There is one about 90 miles from me, I might have to go look at. It's around 35k. But that was a dealership loaner car, and that makes me nervous too. We all know loaner cars are beat on by all of us that get them.
Appreciate 0