05-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterygoat49r View Post
We have been the proud owners of a 2014 X1 for 32 days. Today, my wife was driving home from work and was rear ended by a soccer Mom driving an old Yukon while talking on the phone. She also had a small child in the car. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Like our previous BMW, I washed it myself every weekend. I planned to baby it like all the cars we've owned. Now, the rear bumper is ripped off, the lift gate is damaged. Only 800 miles on it. I'm so tired of the way people drive in California. Why is everyone in such a hurry? People were actually blowing their horns at my wife and the other driver because they were stopped after the accident! Lord, PLEASE put something in the water supply to calm these idiots down!
"Why is everyone in such a hurry?"
If she was yakking on the phone, she obviously wasn't. She wasn't paying attention, which is a completely different thing, and often mutually exclusive.

If you meant those who honked their horns - well, they weren't the ones causing the accident; so don't shoot them. Perhaps they were honking the horn because the lady and your wife hadn't secured the site of the accident before talking, with a warning triangle, raised hoods, hazard lights, combinations of all of the above, or other methods of letting people know without risking the oncoming drivers.

In any case, accidents suck, but insurance spreads the cost over time so it's bearable. I hope you get it fixed well and quickly.
Appreciate 0