View Single Post
      11-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #33
coeeconomou
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x35i

need shore power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
I don't remember mine taking anymore than about 2 minutes to complete the flash. So while I'm sure some will advise against it, that's nothing in terms of draw if you have anything resembling a functioning battery (which would be good for hours).

That being said, I had to do mine twice for some reason the first time. Flashed once, finished too quickly (took like 15 seconds), got the gear indicator light. Flashed back to stock, then did it again...exactly the same steps and it worked AOK, except for the paddles. I followed the simple coding instructions provided in the link in the first post to re-enable them (just recoding one of the modules).
This was my experience too. The flash only takes a couple of minutes total so per the instructions there doesn't seem to be any need to worry about having enough battery life under any imaginable circumstance. I also flashed more than once...no battery drain problem.

As for Windows 10 I bet people have tried and/or are using BMW tools on Win10. It's probably covered in the forums for higher volume models than ours.
Appreciate 0