View Single Post
      08-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Turhapuro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 s18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
I also miss the integrated BT-HF, so I asked my BMW dealer. They had a kit, but the cost were €1,000 The kit for X1 needed an extra module for € 500...
Yes, retrofitting the original stuff is out of the question. BMW is very good at designing practically all optional kit so, that retrofitting always requires a specific HW module, which is priced so, that it will be more expensive to retrofit anything than get it straight from get-go. Though it's a pity for an individual, I admire the business sense of the bavarians. That's exactly the way I would do it, too.

Some more results of my research:
-At least Parrot offers a steering wheel button adapter for their kits, for some BMW models. X1 doesn't seem to be listed anywhere yet, so finding out whether it's compatible or not, will apparently take until my X1 is delivered, I can take the radio out, and look up the part number in RealOEM, so that I know if it's the same unit as in a certain MY X3. Then I'll know...
-Bury CC 9060 Music seems to be a good unit. Apparently Parrot's similar unit is utter crap with it's stability similar to a trojan&virus-infected WinXP...

If push comes to shove, I'll do a simple install of the Bury CC 9060, meaning that I will just hardwire the audio into the standard AUX-IN, and hardwire the power from the power output in the armrest. This will enable me to listen to MP3's and receive phonecalls with a reasonable UI. This will require me to buy an iPod, though, but I'll just hide it somewhere where nobody sees it so I don't have to view myself as an Apple-fanboy.

Last edited by Turhapuro; 08-15-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0